Thursday, August 4, 2011

Things Benji Says (Not Sad)

I took Benji to the grocery store, not realizing that he was really hungry and potentially cranky as a result. He wanted to walk instead of ride in the cart, and the store wasn't busy so I let him do that. He was really good for about five minutes, then he ran away from me twice (the second time, after receiving a warning about not running away). I put him back in the cart and he had a total meltdown -- he cried and sobbed for several minutes. Eventually, I said, "I'm sorry you're sad, sweetie" and he replied (sobbing the whole time): "NO!!! I'M NOT SAD!!! I'M CRYING!!!"

It's so hard not to laugh. And feel sorry for him at the same time. :)

Once we got into the bakery section he asked for a bagel and proceeded to eat half of it without stopping. They say never to shop when you're hungry -- I guess that's true.

Later that evening, we were in the living room and I started to walk away and he said, "NO Mommy! Don't run away!" At least he remembered the message.

--Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment