Sunday, April 1, 2018

New Haircuts

About two weeks ago, Tamar and Daniel's school photos were scheduled for a Tuesday, so I decided to take them for haircuts after their annual checkups on Monday.
.
Daniel's hair had become so long and shaggy that, on Sunday, he wailed "I can't SEEEEE ANYTHIIIIING!" so I took him outside and cut his bangs so he could see what he was playing with!  I figured that whatever I messed up, the barber could fix.
.
Tamar had never been to a hairdresser before because I always just trimmed her hair and her bangs myself.  Unfortunately, I did a pretty bad job of it this past time and both the bangs and the back were noticeably uneven.  No more Mommy-haircuts for her!  It's off to the hairdresser from now on.
.
Daniel was unhappy about the entire process because the woman who did his hair used clippers and he's ticklish and the clippers were obviously tickling his neck a lot.  Next time, I'll ask them not to use the clippers if possible.  He was bribed into putting up with it with the promise of a lollipop at the end.
.
Tamar, on the other hand, sat in her chair like a queen in a beauty parlor and the hairdresser clearly adored her for it.  They both look great!  I was so excited about how great the school photos would look.
.
That evening, Daniel started running a fever but I assumed it was a reaction to all the shots he'd received at his annual check up that morning, gave him some Tylenol, and assumed he would be fine in the morning.  Unfortunately, I was wrong.  The next morning, poor Daniel yelled "I'M GOING TO THROW UP" and ran to the toilet to prove himself correct, and Tamar was also running a fever.
.
SO AFTER ALL THAT, THEY MISSED THEIR SCHOOL PHOTO DAY!
.
I'm going to get some photos taken soon, one way or another.  These haircuts are not going to waste!
.
--Victoria
.
.










No comments:

Post a Comment